Supporting ASU faculty with the integration and applied use of learning management systems to maximize the experience and educational outcomes for both instructors and students.
Blackboard Learn 9.x and associated technologies such as Wimba VoiceTools, Adobe Presenter, Respondus, StudyMate, LockDown Browser, Publisher plugins, etc. more…
- OpenClass (beta)
Consulting, training, and production assistance in applying new media technologies into teaching, learning, and research. Access to media production resources and expertise to facilitate the creation of rich media content to enhance instruction.
- SkySong Sandbox Studio - A collaborative workspace for the production and support of instructional media. This new media studio is a cooperative working space managed by UTO Academic Technologies and ASU Online.
- iTunes U – Incorporating the Apple educational podcasting environment to support ASU teaching and learning. (Instructions to add iTunes U as one of the available resources in the ASU Course Enrollment Manager.)
- Wikispaces – UTO has partnered with Wikispaces to offer a new, superior wiki solution. The ASU Private Label at Wikispaces supports single sign-on using your ASURITE UserID, allows you to work with an unlimited number of wikis, and provides unlimited storage. Read more about Wikispaces’ services. To get started creating your own wiki now, visit wikispaces.asu.edu
- Video and Desktop Collaboration
- Vidyo – a software solution that allows users to communicate via video and audio from their computer, phone, or tablet to other Vidyo users and with traditional H.323 hardware video conferencing systems. For more information on Vidyo or to request an account, please contact email@example.com.
- Adobe Connect - Adobe Connect is an enterprise web conferencing solution for online meetings, eLearning, and webinars. It is based on Adobe Flash technology, so you can deliver rich interactions that participants can join easily.
- Video Conferencing
- Content Creation
- Wimba Voice Tools – Wimba’s web-based voice tools facilitate and promote vocal instruction, collaboration, coaching, and assessment. Increase the interaction and student engagement level of any online class by allowing faculty and students to easily embed vocal interactions into the page level of their myASUCourses/Blackboard sites.
Mobile access to important “just in time” ASU news, information, learning materials, and more. Available via the web at m.asu.edu or download the app for both iOS and Android. Podcasting services for private course publishing and public content is available through ASU on iTunes U.
Workshops and Online Learning Materials
Information and helpful “how-to” materials, both in-person and online, related to current and emerging educational technology tools and techniques. Focus on best practice strategies and successful implementation approaches.
Need assistance with “just in time” educational technology questions, issues, and concerns?